Monday, May 26, 2008

The Saga Continues

My first whole day with my new phone.. i'm getting used to this already, and it sure feels good to finally have familiar names in my phonebook (PHEW!!)... I even got to use my new football shoes today.. had a match that we lost terribly but hey, every dog has his day, right?

But anyway, thats enough about my phone and most of my day... i wanted to urge all readers.. request you... PLEASE DONT MAKE UP YOUR MIND ABOUT THINGS AND FEELINGS IN MY LIFE.. CONSIDER THIS ONE CHAPTER OF A STORY, A FEW BAD DAYS.. I'M WRITING THIS AS WHAT I FELT AT THAT MOMENT, IVE MOVED ON NOW AND THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER BUT YOU'VE GOT TO LET IT UNFOLD.. PLEASE!! :)

And now that i've written a whole para in bold, italics and caps, i shall continue the story of the week that was...

--MOVING ON--

So, where was i? Right... i left you at the horrendous description of the burning body.

13th May 2008.. The day after the cremation, i had to travel with 3 of my mashi's (aunts), a mama (an uncle) and a mesho (another uncle.. damn ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!) representing my mother to "visarjit" my nani's ashes into the holy ganga up north... it was a long, tiring journey that drained most of us mentally too but once the ceremony was completed and my aunts, uncles and i sprinkled the water that now carried my nani's remains, we visited a temple on the banks of the river (just as most temples in haridwar are placed) after which we did what everyone in the car wanted to do and told me i should. We washed away our sins by taking a swim in the holy river. I dont know if that swim washed away my sins or not but it surely removed the muck from my eyes and opened them up... That one swim and all those dips made me realise that her death was the only way she could escape the pain that enveloped her. It was always a very disheartening picture to see her so very ill... It was really heartbreaking.. she was living like a leaf, honestly. I think that dip made us all realise that fact. and it WAS a fact. The ultimate truth...

And with this enlightenment, despite a few minutes of an awkward silence, we all felt lighter in our hearts.. the burden of this loss felt like more of a blessing now. Smiles returned to the faces that had thousands of lines running across them from the tears and frowns of the days that preceded. And we all drove back home, smiles intact, tears of joy flowing down our cheeks in slow motion, all to tell the tale of how we learnt the ultimate truth..

But like i said before, this was the beginning of the two weirdest weeks of my life... Ive been through the high and low this week.. its like trying to surf on rough waters, really.. but all that comes in the next chapter. Hope u turn the page and read.

Till then, take care my friend.

\m/rock.in.peace\m/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very deep experience..... as deep as the river itself u took a dip in.... as u said it is the ultimate truth- death..... but dat gives only the more reason to make our journey to 'it' worth while.... all i can say is.... damn this boring routine of ours and lets have some fun while we're still alive.... do something LEGEN... wait for it... DARY hehe!!!

Anonymous said...

Your English turns me on, fellow ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.